Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Higgins-Oberjohn Wed at St. Rose Church, Vol. 1, No. 6, December 5, 1944

Sanctuary of St. Rose Church
Photo Credit: Kathy Reed

Kroner and Benton sent me to St. Rose Church on Tuesday morning
November 28th so that you GI's might know what's what and how.

When it comes to covering a wedding, I'm just about as useful as a glass knob on a country out-house, but here is the score.

Miss Edith Oberjohn and Cpl. Thomas Higgins were joined in holy wedlock with Rev. John F. Dillon officiating. The bride was attended by the sister of the groom, Miss Rose Mary Higgins, while the Corporal had Joe Pharo in tow as best man. And I must admit that the best man held up swell.

Your editor, a veteran of almost 15 years service under one flag, expresses the best wishes of himself and every header of this sheet.

I'm sure I don't stand alone when I say, "May all the good things in married life be yours."


Main Altar of St. Rose Church
Photo Credit: Kathy Reed



No comments:

Post a Comment