Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Flophouse Gone, Vol 1, No. 4, Wednesday, June 21, 1944

We know a fellow who tried to join the Army, Navy, Marines and Merchant Marines, but couldn't make it. Well this fellow craved action and believe me gang, he is going to get it.  Your editor writes this as the voice of experience.

On June 25, 1930 I ankled up the aisle of St. Rose and for almost 14 years, I have been fighting under the same flag. This fellow I have in mind did his ankling just a few Saturdays ago at the same place and at last his wish has been granted. The long looked for action arrived. Freddie Flophouse is now running in double harness. Mr. and Mrs. Robert Herking reside on Tusculum Avenue, and I as a veteran and friend wish them all the luck in the world, and I am sure I am not alone.

(Note: I believe this story refers to the marriage of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Herking at St. Rose Church).

From the 1948 Cincinnati City Directory
Ray Pharo and Bob Herking

No comments:

Post a Comment